Ocean freight market update
China – North America
- Rate changes: The rates of most routes remain at low levels.
- Market changes: With the low demand for TPEB routes, the congestions at ports and railways have improved, compared with the congestion spike in summer.
- Recommendation: Book your freight at least 2 weeks prior to the cargo ready date (CRD).
China – European
- Rate changes: The rising demand does not seem to elevate the rates in the freight market.
- Market changes: The space is basically sufficient. Some lines are operating with empty loads.
- Recommendation: Set a time buffer when planning your shipments.
Air freight/express market update
China –America/ European
- Rate changes：The freight rates of Electronics Express (Premium) and Express via JYC (Standard) decreased. The freight rates of Freight via JL (Economy) increased.
- Cargo types: EMS via JY (Economy) shipping lines bound for Poland and Argentina have reduced their maximum weight from 30KG to 20KG; Ocean + Delivery US (Economy) can ship general goods, charged products, products with a weak magnetic field, prepackaged tea, prepackaged liquid cosmetics without alcohol content under 100ml per unit, prepackaged powder-based cosmetics, (compliant) kitchen knives, non-sensitive adult products, automotive lighting products, etc.
- New services available：Electronics Parcels (Economy) can ship to Mexico, Canada and the United Kingdom.
Disclaimer: All information and views in this post are provided for reference purposes only and do not constitute any investment or purchase advice. The information quoted in this report is from public market documents and may be subject to change. Alibaba.com makes no warranties or guarantees for the accuracy or integrity of the information above.