With the holiday season just around the corner, now is a good time to ensure one can give customers what they want this season to help them spread cheer. The emphasis this year is on conscious gifting that prioritizes one’s health and well-being, while sustainability is a big hit with millennials. Now is a great time to get a head start on stocking up for the holidays, so read on for the best holiday gift ideas for 2022.
Gift giving market
Giving gifts is an integral part of the holiday season, and recent data show that gen Z looks to social media for gift ideas. The global gift market was worth £46 billion in 2019 and is expected to grow at a 2% compound annual growth rate (CAGR) to £50.5 billion by 2024. This season, customizable and meaningful products are in high demand for wellness-promoting products, so prioritize quality over quantity.
There is also a push toward sustainable products, so eco-friendly materials, recycled materials, and regenerative packaging appeal to this audience. Furthermore, pocket-sized luxury items, nostalgic items, and holistic products are seeing significant market growth.
Top gifts for the holidays
Gift-giving can be difficult, and many people are unsure what to get for their loved ones. Viewing the latest social media trends is critical when considering gift ideas to gauge what consumers are looking for. Some major themes that have emerged in consumer research include demand for sustainable products, personalization services, vintage themes, and self-care essentials.
Waste material tends to pile up during the holidays; thus, it’s good to go for sustainable products. The best part about such gifts is that the receiver will undoubtedly appreciate them because they make them feel good. In addition, it was discovered that 65 percent of Americans are looking for sustainable ways to celebrate holidays.
Furthermore, it is expected that many consumers will take proactive measures and switch to sustainable products by 2023. As a result, seek out brands that use innovative waste recycling techniques to help save the planet.
What to buy:
- One way to reduce waste is to look for products with compostable packaging that decomposes in a matter of days. Sustainable packaging is a growing trend among major brands, and celebrities endorse it.
- Instead of single-use plastic water bottles that end up in landfills, offer products that can be recycled multiple times, such as copper water bottles.
- Use environmentally friendly ingredients in your skincare products. Explore items sourced through organic farming and brands dedicated to the cause.
Luxury stocking fillers
Customers always look for new and exciting products to use as stocking stuffers. Despite their small size, they can be the best gift ever if the emphasis is on their construction and design. Smaller gifts are also the ideal way to save money by downsizing luxuries to pocket-sized ones that bring extravagance and joy to the ordinary. Luxury stocking fillers allow individuals to enjoy opulent items without feeling the heat.
Concentrate on second-life packaging that combines elegance, glamor, and extravagance. With a greater emphasis on sustainability, focus on beauty products that can be repurposed to last beyond the holiday season and give a new meaning to an otherwise ordinary item.
What to buy:
- Focus on high-quality repurposed packaging, such as glass jars, metal containers, and ceramics. It’s also a good idea to invest in products that need to be refilled to ensure repeat purchases.
- Mini luxury perfumes and compact makeup sets are great for stockings. Also, focus on brands that allow personalization, such as engraving initials or customizing fragrances, to enhance the gifting experience.
- Look for limited edition pieces created in collaboration with well-known artists and vintage collectibles such as luxury purses.
Things have returned to normal after a brief disruption, and people are looking forward to the holiday season to bring joy to their loved ones. Look for products reminiscent of one’s childhood to rekindle nostalgia and bring out the inner child in everyone. And with TikTok’s Christmas nostalgia videos gaining traction, one should pay attention to this trend.
These retro-themed products allow consumers to relive the joy of the season they experienced as children. This can range from a desert box filled with popular candies from the 1990s to retro-style kitchen appliances. Also one can check that these products adhere to the current trend of sustainable packaging.
What to buy:
- Invest in nostalgic makeup products featuring popular characters from the 1990s and 2000s, such as the Grinch. Add a contemporary spin to this collection with items having different textural finishes such as glitter and matte.
- To pay homage to the 90s disco, add nail accessories like glitter nail paint and press on sparkling nails to the set. Make a collection of mood-boosting items that are also eco-friendly, such as organic glittery bath bombs.
Rest and rejuvenation
Because the holidays are stressful for many people, self-care products make excellent gifts for people who value their health. In addition to stress, frequent travels and holiday diets can disrupt one’s routine and cause them to abandon their skincare regimen.
Intentional gifting has become the norm, with people carefully selecting beneficial products for their loved ones. The emphasis should be on products that are hydrating and nourishing, and those that address other skin concerns such as blemishes, whitening, and acne.
What to buy:
- Offer products that are geared toward the art of healing, such as essential oil diffusers, body oils, massagers, and facial rollers.
- Extend the skincare line to include face masks, nourishing creams, serums, anti-acne kits, and brightening creams, among others.
- Tap into wellness products dedicated to restoration and rejuvenation, such as mood-boosting bath bombs and salts, soothing candles, and fruity fragrances.
- Another popular holiday gift idea is indulgent food items like exotic chocolates, truffles, goodies for charcuterie boards, and holiday liquor.
Global holistic beauty products
<alt= “ ”>
As there is a shift toward organic and traditional products, there is also a growing interest in ancient ritual-inspired beauty products. This is evident on TikTok, where videos about ancient beauty secrets are gaining popularity. Tap into products made from all-natural ingredients and packaged using biodegradable materials.
These items will appeal to people who are invested in beauty regimes and willing to try new products, including skincare products made from traditional ingredients that have been tried, tested, and used for centuries in various countries, such as Ayurveda and Chinese wellness products.
What to buy:
- Korean beauty products are making waves in the industry, and celebrities and beauty bloggers are giving them a lot of attention. They are known for their high-quality ingredients and long-lasting results, thanks to clever packaging and innovative technology. Explore products that combine natural ingredients with science-backed results.
- Individuals looking for natural products should consider Ayurvedic products made from indigenous herbs.
- Honor ancient beauty rituals such as face sculpting with gua sha tools and bathing rituals with essential oils.
Spread the holiday cheer
Many millennials place a high value on positive messaging and sustainability. Fancy packaging is no longer required; consumers prefer simple packaging that is environmentally friendly. Explore packaging made from recycled materials and tap into biodegradable packaging.
Many people seek out luxury items during the holidays, so pocket-sized versions are ideal for those on a tight budget. Furthermore, retro-themed products are popular among consumers, as many want products that remind them of their childhood.
For health-conscious customers, provide organic beauty products with all-natural ingredients. Furthermore, holistic beauty products from various cultures are a new trend in the skincare industry. Invest in Ayurvedic and Korean beauty products made using natural ingredients.
Self-care is a lucrative gifting category, so consider nourishing and soothing products for the skin and mind. Focus on self-care kits, including face masks, healthy oils, bath sets, and essential oil diffusers. With self-gifting becoming more popular, it is necessary to include the self-care category on the holiday gifting list.